About the ONLYOFFICE and Odoo integration
Odoo is a business management tool designed for resource planning. ONLYOFFICE offers an official module to integrate ONLYOFFICE Docs with Odoo and edit office documents in your Odoo media space, e.g., chat attachments, notes, etc. You can get the ONLYOFFICE integration module from the official Odoo app library The module is distributed under the AGPL-3 License.
- Editing and viewing text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Open other office file formats for viewing, including RTF, TXT, CSV, etc.
- Co-editing documents in real-time: two co-editing modes (Fast and Strict), the Track Changes mode, comments, and the built-in chat.
- Edit form templates in DOCXF.
- Read PDF files.
- JWT support to secure your traffic so that no one can have access to your documents with the exception of the users with proper rights.
- For editing: DOCX, DOCXF, XLSX, PPTX
- For viewing only: DJVU, DOC, DOCM, DOT, DOTM, DOTX, EPUB, FB2, FODT, HTML, MHT, ODT, OTT, OXPS, PDF, RTF, TXT, XPS, XML, CSV, FODS, ODS, OTS, XLS, XLSM, XLT, XLTM, XLTX, FODP, ODP, OTP, POT, POTM, POTX, PPS, PPSM, PPSX, PPT, PPTM
Connecting ONLYOFFICE Docs to Odoo
Configuring the ONLYOFFICE integration module for Odoo
After the app installation, adjust its settings within your Odoo. To do that, go to Home menu -> Settings -> ONLYOFFICE).
In the Document Server Url, specify the URL of the installed ONLYOFFICE Docs or the address of ONLYOFFICE Docs Cloud.
Enabling JWT for the ONLYOFFICE and Odoo integration
JWT or JSON Web Token is a string sent from client to server within the HTTP request to validate the authenticity of the client. JWT is saved on the client-side only so the transmission between parties is protected and digitally signed.
The token is generated using the JWT (JSON Web Tokens) standard. The tokens are signed by the server's key, so the client is able to verify that the token is legitimate.
ONLYOFFICE Docs validates the token. The data from the payload is considered valid and is used instead of the corresponding data from the main parameters. If the token is invalid, the command is not executed. To learn more, please read the API Security guide.
In Odoo, JWT is enabled by default.
Follow these steps to configure it manually if needed:
- Go to Home menu -> Settings -> ONLYOFFICE.
Enter the values in the following fields:
- Document Server JWT Secret: The secret key is generated automatically to restrict the access to ONLYOFFICE Docs. if you want to specify your own secret key in this field, also specify the same secret key in the ONLYOFFICE Docs config file to enable the validation.
- Document Server JWT Header: Standard JWT header used in ONLYOFFICE is Authorization. In case this header is in conflict with your setup, you can change the header to the custom one.
Start using ONLYOFFICE Docs within Odoo
To create a file:
- Open the Documents section.
- Click the Create with ONLYOFFICE button on the top panel.
- Enter the file name in the Title field if necessary.
- Choose one of the available file types: Document, Spreadsheet, or Presentation.
Click the Create button.
You can edit any files attached to Odoo activities and supported by ONLYOFFICE (see the full list here).
To edit or view a file, click the Open in ONLYOFFICE button next to it.